The modern age and hectic schedules compel most of us to spend a lot of time on our laptops. Investing so much time and effort in looking at your laptop screen can be the reason for back pain that can ultimately take a toll on your overall health. Though, this issue can be easily avoided by keeping a few things in mind. Dr. Stephen P. Courtney not just offers excellent orthopedic spine surgery services but also lays emphasis on letting people know about the ways to avoid serious back problems. In this blog, we have come up with the best laptop setups to not suffer from back pain. So, go through the sections below to find an answer to all queries related to this topic.
- Use a large screen device – You should definitely use a laptop that has a large screen. This will help to avoid the stressful positions that result from the stain produced to see texts on a small screen. There are different types of laptops available in the market. You should select one that has a 15 inches plus screen. If you face difficulty in reading the text, increase the font size immediately.
- Put the screen at eye level – It is advisable to put the laptop at eye level so that you do not have to rotate or bend your neck to look at the screen. You can easily do it by elevating the laptop a few inches above the desk.
- Never slouch while working – Though the term “laptop” suggests keeping your pc on the lap, it is recommended that you not do so. The reason behind it is pretty simple. Working by keeping the laptop on your lap might require slouched posture that can ultimately lead to back or neck pain.
- Use a separate keyboard & mouse – If you use a laptop for a long span of time, it is essential to use a separate full-size keyboard that helps to keep your shoulder and arms in a relaxed position. On the other hand, you can also keep your wrist at rest by using a separate mouse. Put it in a suitable position to avoid strain in your back or shoulders.
- Get a comfortable chair – You should use a chair that is specifically designed to work for prolonged periods. Set the chair according to your comfort needs. Research online and go through the reviews online before buying it.
- Take a break – You can take short breaks after a span of 30 minutes of work. This will not just help to take your eyes off the digital screen but will provide rest to your stressed back and neck.
We hope that going through this blog has given you a clear idea about the tips to adopt to make a comfortable laptop setup. In case you are suffering from back pain and are looking for the best spine surgeon in Plano, contact Dr. Stephen Courtney. All you gotta do is just give us a call and schedule an appointment.